Designed by Kirtland Cutter for James Glover, the founder of Spokane. Glover commissioned the pieces to be built for his first mansion in the 1880s. They then went to his second home on Summit Boulevard in Spokane in 1909. This piece along with two others came directly from the Glover mansion. Cutter rose to fame in 1893 at the Chicago World’s Fair where he was the architect of the Idaho building that was hailed as the precursor of the Arts and Craft movement. He built the Glover mansion, the Patsy Clark Mansion, Campbell House (part of the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture), the Spokane Club, The Monroe Street Bridge, and in addition other notable buildings the Rainier Club in Seattle and the Lake McDonald Lodge in Glacier National Park. Made of quarter sewn oak.
SIZE: 56” x 42”; mirror 27” x 41”