Butcher's trade sign and decorative butcher shop rack. Bolted construction of wrought and cast iron. An arch bar with scrolled ends, having 20 wrought meat hooks, all suspended by a figural hanger formed from the elements of the meat cutter's trade. Saw, cleaver, knife, steel, and a cast bull finial. Shield-shaped cast identification plate that reads Gloekers patent June 25, 1888 - S. Birkenwald & Company, Wisconsin. 120" across, with a center that measures 20" from top to bottom and about 20" overall in height. Ex Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.
PERIOD: Circa 1880s
ORIGIN: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
SIZE: 120" across, center 20" from top to bottom, 20" overall in height