Sheep skin chaps. These were before woolies. Made by the rancher's saddlemaker and stamped "CS Cattle Company Cimmarron, NM" and written in pen "by Drover Jesus B." located in Northeastern New Mexico 1870s. Located in northeastern New Mexico at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, the CS Cattle Company covers 130,000 acres of privately owned plains, foothills and mountain country that was originally part of the Maxwell Land Grant. The CS is a working cattle ranch and hunting operation and has been family owned and operated since 1873. It was founded by Frank Springer and his brother Charles, whose initials are used for the ranch name and historic brand.
PERIOD: Late 19th Century
ORIGIN: Mexico, Central America
SIZE: Mens 35"